Monday, May 22, 2006
It took me a while to get around to it, but I have finally been introduced to Sookie Stackhouse.  I think I like her, whether or not I like her “world” remains to be seen.  In contrast to Anita Blake and Rachel Morgan, Sookie Stackhouse is a small town girl with small town ambitions.  The word has changed somewhat, but small town America has been left mostly untouched.  Enter Bill the vampire, who is not from England or France, but from Sookie’s hometown.  This in itself is an interesting component to the story as vampires seem to always be from a land far, far away.  Harris has managed to have a lot of original (to me anyway) ideas, in a series that could have been yet another Anita Blake knockoff.  Anita’s oversexed world is becoming tiresome to me, and I look forward to reading the next Sookie book (which is already on my desk at work, waiting to come home). 

0 comments: