Saturday, April 14, 2007


Since we were staying home over the long weekend, my top priority was to see Tarantino & Rodriguez’s Grindhouse on opening day. We went to the first showing, a matinee filled with other dedicated fans.
The movies rock, as do the fake previews. Rodriguez’s Planet Terror is not for the faint of heart in a few scenes, but if you are faint of heart, you are not likely to watch a movie by Taratino/Rodiguez anyway (unless it’s Spy Kids). Tarantino’s Death Proof is starts slow and talky. I happen to like talkly, particularly if it’s written by Tarantino, as he has a knack for writing cool conversations, not forced dialogue between static characters.
Depending on what review you read, you might see an A or a D. Assume that the D review was written by some old fart who doesn’t get it, and who had no reason to be watching it in the first place.
As for which portion of the film is better - my husband preferred Tarantino’s. Myself, I can’t decide between my love of zombies (Planet Terror) and my love of good dialogue (Death Proof).
Go see it for yourself so the poor Weinsteins can make more money and stop calling the movie a failure.

0 comments: